- You save money!
- You are familiar with your own GPS – adding time to figure out a new tool only prolongs the arrival to your destination.
- You can preprogam your locations, saving you even more time and ensures you know where you are going.
A few other GPS tips I’ve found helpful when traveling…
- Double check all addresses – don’t rely on the GPS address as they could be outdated. This happened to us and turned our nice journey into a stress drive.
- Print a map of your first destination (the hotel, restaurant, etc.). It helps if the GPS is taking too long to acquire satellites and it’s always helpful to have a map. I’ve rented a car and the location was out of maps! Be prepared, just in case you need it.
- Add your hotel as a favorite destination. When you are out-and-about and need to get back, it’s a simple selection as opposed to finding it in your past destinations or reprograming the address.
Have something to add? Leave me a comment below! If you like this tip, follow me on Facebook (happy family travels), Twitter (@happyfamilytrav), subscribe to my blog (top left column) or share it with someone (below)!