Recently, I had a little Chinese New celebration. Here’s what I planned and here’s how it went (not so good). I sort of skipped Valentine’s Day. Oh, I gave the kids a tiny bit of candy and a really small gift. Leah and I made a craft but I didn’t go crazy.
But St. Patty’s Day is on it’s way – and who doesn’t want the luck of the Irish? I’m in for another small celebration with the family! So, here’s what I’m planning:
- Rainbow Tissue Paper Pictures (kind of like this)
- Pepper Print Shamrocks (kind of like this)
- Rainbow streamers with rainbow balloons
- Irish Flag Kebabs (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with hummus)
- Shamrock Pepper Pizza (like this)
- Shamrock Pretzels (like this)
- Zucchini Cupcakes (like this, fingers crossed)
- Find the gold
- Color the leprechaun
- Read the Irish story
So there’s the plan…let’s see how it goes. I’ll let you know afterward. I’m really hoping for greater success this time around.